US: Wet Seal appoints Goodman as CEO
Goodman has 25 years of apparel industry experience, at companies such as Gap, Levi's, Mervyn's and Bloomingdales.
"The committee conducted an extensive search since assuming control of the process after installation of the new board in October," said company chairman Lynda Davey.
"We found John's energy and passion for the fashion industry and, in particular, his understanding of the junior customer perfectly aligned with the attributes we were seeking in a chief executive officer.
"He is a team builder and has a proven record of success as a CEO; and expertise in the teen fashion apparel specialty business. As an active Wet Seal director, John has already developed a strong working relationship with the executive team. We feel certain that this will expedite the improvement in operating performance and the prospects for profitable growth."
The Wet Seal replaced three board members in October last year as it worked to settle a proxy battle with dissident shareholder Clinton Group.
The company recorded a third quarter loss in November, hit by legal costs, impairment charges and falling sales. It swung to a US$14.8m loss from a $3.7m profit a year earlier. Excluding the charges, net loss would have been $9.7m.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
UK department store retailer John Lewis has appointed Paula Nickolds as its new buying and brand director, succeeding Peter Ruis, who has been named CEO of clothing chain Jigsaw....
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
The Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Group has launched version two of its Joint Roadmap, aimed at attaining a "new standard of environmental performance for the global apparel and footwea...
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has introduced its lower-priced Denizen jeans line to Canada as part of ongoing expansion efforts. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- JC Penney to close 10 Foundry stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead