USA: Wet Seal Hires New E-Commerce VP
Specialty retailer The Wet Seal, Inc (Nasdaq: WTSLA) has hired Siobhan Knox as vice president of e-commerce.Ms Knox's most recent position was at Abercrombie & Fitch, where she served as director of catalog & e-commerce operations. She also served as director of financial planning & analysis. Prior to this she was with Urban Outfitters."Siobhan will oversee our e-commerce initiatives for all of our divisions," stated Kathy Bronstein, vice chairman and CEO. "We are very excited about the growth opportunities related to developing our e-commerce business. Siobhan will be working together with our senior vice president of marketing, Steven Stickland, to define and enhance our e-commerce initiatives to build brand awareness," continued Ms Bronstein.The company currently operates 567 stores. To date, it has opened 33 stores in fiscal 2000 and closed 14 stores. The company plans to open three more stores, for a total of 36 new stores in fiscal 2000, and close approximately 20 more stores at the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000. It has not finalized the fiscal 2001 expansion plan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020