USA: Wet Seal Hires New E-Commerce VP
Specialty retailer The Wet Seal, Inc (Nasdaq: WTSLA) has hired Siobhan Knox as vice president of e-commerce.Ms Knox's most recent position was at Abercrombie & Fitch, where she served as director of catalog & e-commerce operations. She also served as director of financial planning & analysis. Prior to this she was with Urban Outfitters."Siobhan will oversee our e-commerce initiatives for all of our divisions," stated Kathy Bronstein, vice chairman and CEO. "We are very excited about the growth opportunities related to developing our e-commerce business. Siobhan will be working together with our senior vice president of marketing, Steven Stickland, to define and enhance our e-commerce initiatives to build brand awareness," continued Ms Bronstein.The company currently operates 567 stores. To date, it has opened 33 stores in fiscal 2000 and closed 14 stores. The company plans to open three more stores, for a total of 36 new stores in fiscal 2000, and close approximately 20 more stores at the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000. It has not finalized the fiscal 2001 expansion plan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022