US: Wet Seal lifts Q3 comparable sales target
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has lifted its comparable store sales forecast for the third quarter driven by its focus on a fast fashion strategy.
The company said it now expects comparable store sales to be within or slightly better than its initial estimate for a decline of 14% to 18%. It also reaffirmed its loss per share target to range between $0.13 and $0.16.
"We remain confident that, as we move into the holiday season, we will see clear signs of improvement and stability in our business, and will ultimately return to a level of sales and earnings that our fast fashion merchandising strategy has driven for many years," the retailer said.
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Speciality retailer The Wet Seal posted substantial losses for the fourth quarter and full year, impacted by falling sales and restructuring charges....
US value apparel retailer Body Central has announced a series of executive appointments across its merchandising and e-commerce departments....
US teen apparel retailer The Wet Seal has announced the resignation of Barbara Cook, its senior vice president of store operations, after less than two years in the post....
The Wet Seal has parted company with its president and chief operating officer Ken Seipel and 35 other employees as the teen apparel retailer implements a number of cost-saving initiatives. ...
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges