US: Wet Seal lifts Q3 comparable sales target
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has lifted its comparable store sales forecast for the third quarter driven by its focus on a fast fashion strategy.
The company said it now expects comparable store sales to be within or slightly better than its initial estimate for a decline of 14% to 18%. It also reaffirmed its loss per share target to range between $0.13 and $0.16.
"We remain confident that, as we move into the holiday season, we will see clear signs of improvement and stability in our business, and will ultimately return to a level of sales and earnings that our fast fashion merchandising strategy has driven for many years," the retailer said.
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Speciality retailer The Wet Seal posted substantial losses for the fourth quarter and full year, impacted by falling sales and restructuring charges....
US value apparel retailer Body Central has announced a series of executive appointments across its merchandising and e-commerce departments....
US teen apparel retailer The Wet Seal has announced the resignation of Barbara Cook, its senior vice president of store operations, after less than two years in the post....
The Wet Seal has parted company with its president and chief operating officer Ken Seipel and 35 other employees as the teen apparel retailer implements a number of cost-saving initiatives. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015