US: Wet Seal lifts Q3 comparable sales target
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has lifted its comparable store sales forecast for the third quarter driven by its focus on a fast fashion strategy.
The company said it now expects comparable store sales to be within or slightly better than its initial estimate for a decline of 14% to 18%. It also reaffirmed its loss per share target to range between $0.13 and $0.16.
"We remain confident that, as we move into the holiday season, we will see clear signs of improvement and stability in our business, and will ultimately return to a level of sales and earnings that our fast fashion merchandising strategy has driven for many years," the retailer said.
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Speciality retailer The Wet Seal posted substantial losses for the fourth quarter and full year, impacted by falling sales and restructuring charges....
US value apparel retailer Body Central has announced a series of executive appointments across its merchandising and e-commerce departments....
US teen apparel retailer The Wet Seal has announced the resignation of Barbara Cook, its senior vice president of store operations, after less than two years in the post....
The Wet Seal has parted company with its president and chief operating officer Ken Seipel and 35 other employees as the teen apparel retailer implements a number of cost-saving initiatives. ...
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024