US: Wet Seal lifts Q3 comparable sales target
Teen retailer The Wet Seal has lifted its comparable store sales forecast for the third quarter driven by its focus on a fast fashion strategy.
The company said it now expects comparable store sales to be within or slightly better than its initial estimate for a decline of 14% to 18%. It also reaffirmed its loss per share target to range between $0.13 and $0.16.
"We remain confident that, as we move into the holiday season, we will see clear signs of improvement and stability in our business, and will ultimately return to a level of sales and earnings that our fast fashion merchandising strategy has driven for many years," the retailer said.
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Speciality retailer The Wet Seal posted substantial losses for the fourth quarter and full year, impacted by falling sales and restructuring charges....
US value apparel retailer Body Central has announced a series of executive appointments across its merchandising and e-commerce departments....
US teen apparel retailer The Wet Seal has announced the resignation of Barbara Cook, its senior vice president of store operations, after less than two years in the post....
The Wet Seal has parted company with its president and chief operating officer Ken Seipel and 35 other employees as the teen apparel retailer implements a number of cost-saving initiatives. ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details