UK: Wet Weather Boosts Sales At Blacks Leisure
Outerwear retailer and surfing clothing chain owner, Blacks Leisure, on Friday posted a 19.9 per cent jump in like-for-like sales in the 18 weeks to July 6 as wet weather triggered a surge in waterproof jackets. The company said its Blacks Outdoor and Millets units performed particularly well while its other brands, Free Spirit and O'Neill, did not perform as strongly but are expected to do so if the UK finally experiences some hot weather.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth