US: Weyco Q4 profit hit by charges and flat sales
- Q4 net profit down 11% to US$6.8m, but up 4% underlying
- Q4 net sales flat at $78.5m
- Revenues boosted by Bogs sales increases
Footwear business Weyco recorded a double-digit fall in fourth quarter profit, impacted by one-off charges which masked a 4% underlying increase in earnings.
Sales in the last three months of 2013 were flat, leaving full-year net sales up 2% at $300.3m and net earnings up 5% on an underlying basis.
Weyco was boosted in the fourth quarter by a 3% rise in North American wholesale revenues, mostly thanks to higher sales of its Bogs brand.
However, North American retail sales were down 9%, despite a 5% same store sales uplift, and other net sales – including the activities of Florsheim Australia and Europe – fell 5%.
“We are proud, as a company, to have achieved $300m in sales in 2013, which is a testament to the strength and staying power of our brands,” said Thomas Florsheim Jr, Weyco chairman and CEO.
“Given the soft retail environment, we are pleased with the performance of our North American wholesale segment and are encouraged by the significant improvement in our retail business.”
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape