GERMANY: WFSGI focus on global issues as Dassler takes lead
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) will focus on boosting trends and innovation in the global marketplace under the direction of new president Frank Dassler.
The WFSGI has appointed Dassler, general counsel of the Adidas Group, as its president for a three-year term. He succeeds Motoi Oyama, who served as president from 2011 to 2014.
Dassler who has also served in several functions within Puma said: "I am very proud and honoured to have been appointed the 14th president of the World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry.
"I look forward to resolve challenges confronting us on a global level and to boost trends and innovation for our industry and I am excited to work closely with the new board and the WFSGI staff."
It is the WFSGI's aim to promote free and fair transactions in the globalised marketplace.
Dassler added: "Free world trade and free access to the markets build the two main pillars for our industry and brands. Therefore we are content with the real multi-lateral agreement accomplished at the WTO-ministerial conference recently in Bali.
"This historical agreement on trade facilitation is to be welcomed as it will generate quicker and simpler border procedures for the benefits of our globally operating industry-members."
More than 150 companies have now signed the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in April last year, which killed more than 1,...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Germany-based sportswear giant adidas Group continues to trail perennial rival Nike Inc but has started to outperform its great competitor. adidas Group has increased its focus on developing company-o...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy