GERMANY: WFSGI focus on global issues as Dassler takes lead
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) will focus on boosting trends and innovation in the global marketplace under the direction of new president Frank Dassler.
The WFSGI has appointed Dassler, general counsel of the Adidas Group, as its president for a three-year term. He succeeds Motoi Oyama, who served as president from 2011 to 2014.
Dassler who has also served in several functions within Puma said: "I am very proud and honoured to have been appointed the 14th president of the World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry.
"I look forward to resolve challenges confronting us on a global level and to boost trends and innovation for our industry and I am excited to work closely with the new board and the WFSGI staff."
It is the WFSGI's aim to promote free and fair transactions in the globalised marketplace.
Dassler added: "Free world trade and free access to the markets build the two main pillars for our industry and brands. Therefore we are content with the real multi-lateral agreement accomplished at the WTO-ministerial conference recently in Bali.
"This historical agreement on trade facilitation is to be welcomed as it will generate quicker and simpler border procedures for the benefits of our globally operating industry-members."
As labour costs in China continue to rise, the country's apparel and textile industry is seeing some orders transferred to other outsourcing locations as foreign buyers seek lower-cost manufacturers....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Germany-based sportswear giant adidas Group continues to trail perennial rival Nike Inc but has started to outperform its great competitor. adidas Group has increased its focus on developing company-o...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: antimicrobial sewing thread; carbon nanotube fibres; compression garments; environmentally friendly finishing treatments; environmentall...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change