DENMARK: Wholesale Brand Bestseller Expands Into Retail
The first Exit shops, which opened three years ago, are wholly owned by the chain. Since then, the group has opened franchise outlets.
Wholesale is still the largest part of the company's business however. Bestseller also comprises a number of adult brands, wholesale and retail including Vera Moda, Only, and Jack and Jones. Bestseller Wholesale A/S is the largest wholesaler on the Danish market, with results after tax of DKK289m ($34m) in 1998/9, as against DKK154m ($18m) the previous year. The company is way ahead of its closest rival, Kansas Wenaas A/S, the workwear company, which earned DKK133m ($15.7m) after tax in 1999.
For more information, visit the company website at www.bestseller.dk.
By Penny Leese
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020