US: Wholesale surge boosts Kenneth Cole Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit of US$8m, versus $2.7m loss
- Revenues up 8.6% to $131.2m
- Gross margins fall 230 bps to 41.2%
Lifestyle brand business Kenneth Cole Productions recorded a net profit of US$8m in the fourth quarter of 2011, thanks to a 75% surge in wholesale revenues.
The company was boosted in particular by its Kenneth Cole New York women’s sportswear and Reaction men’s sportswear ranges, which were responsible for more than 75% of the revenue increase.
However, consumer direct revenues were down 16.6% thanks to the closing of several unproductive stores and a comparable store sales decline of 5%.
Licensing revenues were up 10%, but gross margins fell 230 basis points to 41.2%, impacted by higher sourcing costs and a shift in the revenue mix towards wholesale.
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
New York designer Kenneth Cole Productions has swung to a second-quarter net loss on the back of lower sales and one-off costs....
Kenneth Cole Productions is set to be taken private by founder Kenneth Cole after the company's board approved a US$15.25 per share offer yesterday (6 June)....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details