US: Wholesale surge boosts Kenneth Cole Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit of US$8m, versus $2.7m loss
- Revenues up 8.6% to $131.2m
- Gross margins fall 230 bps to 41.2%
Lifestyle brand business Kenneth Cole Productions recorded a net profit of US$8m in the fourth quarter of 2011, thanks to a 75% surge in wholesale revenues.
The company was boosted in particular by its Kenneth Cole New York women’s sportswear and Reaction men’s sportswear ranges, which were responsible for more than 75% of the revenue increase.
However, consumer direct revenues were down 16.6% thanks to the closing of several unproductive stores and a comparable store sales decline of 5%.
Licensing revenues were up 10%, but gross margins fell 230 basis points to 41.2%, impacted by higher sourcing costs and a shift in the revenue mix towards wholesale.
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
New York designer Kenneth Cole Productions has swung to a second-quarter net loss on the back of lower sales and one-off costs....
Kenneth Cole Productions is set to be taken private by founder Kenneth Cole after the company's board approved a US$15.25 per share offer yesterday (6 June)....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change