US: Wholesale surge boosts Kenneth Cole Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit of US$8m, versus $2.7m loss
- Revenues up 8.6% to $131.2m
- Gross margins fall 230 bps to 41.2%
Lifestyle brand business Kenneth Cole Productions recorded a net profit of US$8m in the fourth quarter of 2011, thanks to a 75% surge in wholesale revenues.
The company was boosted in particular by its Kenneth Cole New York women’s sportswear and Reaction men’s sportswear ranges, which were responsible for more than 75% of the revenue increase.
However, consumer direct revenues were down 16.6% thanks to the closing of several unproductive stores and a comparable store sales decline of 5%.
Licensing revenues were up 10%, but gross margins fell 230 basis points to 41.2%, impacted by higher sourcing costs and a shift in the revenue mix towards wholesale.
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
New York designer Kenneth Cole Productions has swung to a second-quarter net loss on the back of lower sales and one-off costs....
Kenneth Cole Productions is set to be taken private by founder Kenneth Cole after the company's board approved a US$15.25 per share offer yesterday (6 June)....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019