US: Wholesale surge boosts Kenneth Cole Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit of US$8m, versus $2.7m loss
- Revenues up 8.6% to $131.2m
- Gross margins fall 230 bps to 41.2%
Lifestyle brand business Kenneth Cole Productions recorded a net profit of US$8m in the fourth quarter of 2011, thanks to a 75% surge in wholesale revenues.
The company was boosted in particular by its Kenneth Cole New York women’s sportswear and Reaction men’s sportswear ranges, which were responsible for more than 75% of the revenue increase.
However, consumer direct revenues were down 16.6% thanks to the closing of several unproductive stores and a comparable store sales decline of 5%.
Licensing revenues were up 10%, but gross margins fell 230 basis points to 41.2%, impacted by higher sourcing costs and a shift in the revenue mix towards wholesale.
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
New York designer Kenneth Cole Productions has swung to a second-quarter net loss on the back of lower sales and one-off costs....
Kenneth Cole Productions is set to be taken private by founder Kenneth Cole after the company's board approved a US$15.25 per share offer yesterday (6 June)....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015