USA: Wilsons Leather Buys El Portal For $15.4m
Wilsons The Leather Experts today announced that it completed the acquisition of the El Portal Group, a privately-held specialty retailer of premium travel products and accessories, on October 31. The terms of the transaction included a $15.4m payment to the El Portal Group, in addition to the assumption of $13.8m in debt. The acquisition will add approximately $75m to Wilsons Leather's 2001 revenues, and will increase 2001 earnings per share by approximately fifteen to twenty cents. El Portal's current management team will continue to lead its operations from its Las Vegas, Nevada facility.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022