USA: Wilsons Leather Buys El Portal For $15.4m
Wilsons The Leather Experts today announced that it completed the acquisition of the El Portal Group, a privately-held specialty retailer of premium travel products and accessories, on October 31. The terms of the transaction included a $15.4m payment to the El Portal Group, in addition to the assumption of $13.8m in debt. The acquisition will add approximately $75m to Wilsons Leather's 2001 revenues, and will increase 2001 earnings per share by approximately fifteen to twenty cents. El Portal's current management team will continue to lead its operations from its Las Vegas, Nevada facility.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack