USA: Wilsons Leather Buys El Portal For $15.4m
Wilsons The Leather Experts today announced that it completed the acquisition of the El Portal Group, a privately-held specialty retailer of premium travel products and accessories, on October 31. The terms of the transaction included a $15.4m payment to the El Portal Group, in addition to the assumption of $13.8m in debt. The acquisition will add approximately $75m to Wilsons Leather's 2001 revenues, and will increase 2001 earnings per share by approximately fifteen to twenty cents. El Portal's current management team will continue to lead its operations from its Las Vegas, Nevada facility.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022