USA: Wilsons Leather's Results Meet Forecasts
Leading specialty retailer of leather outerwear, apparel and accessories, Wilsons The Leather Experts Inc, on Wednesday reported a 13.1 per cent rise in full-year net sales to $720.1 million, compared to $636.9m in fiscal 2000.
The Minneapolis-based retail chain said net sales for the quarter ended February 2, 2002 fell 3.7 per cent to $367.4m compared to the year-ago quarter's result of $381.5m, due to lower holiday sales, a fall in travel-related retailing and unusually warm weather.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth