USA: Wilsons Suffers $14.7m Q1 Loss
Specialty retailer of leather outerwear and apparel, Wilsons The Leather Experts Inc, on Wednesday posted a first quarter net loss of $14.7 million versus a net loss of $3.7m in the year-ago period.
The Minneapolis-based operator of over 900 stores said that increase was primarily due to the addition of Bentley's Luggage and pressure on sale and margins. It added net sales for the 13-weeks to May 4, 2002 climbed 1.5 per cent to $119.3m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack