UK: Wincanton Wins Matalan Warehouse Contract
As part of the deal, Wincanton will transform the former plastics factory into a sophisticated sorting depot serving all of Matalan's stores in southern England.
It will be equipped with sortation and racking equipment for both hanging and boxed garments, including a 16,000-pallet-high bay, and will employ about 200 workers.
Initially, the facility will handle about 25 per cent of Matalan's total UK volume, growing to 50 per cent by 2008.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective