AUSTRIA: Wolford CEO Dahmen to step down
Austrian luxury hosiery brand Wolford Group has announced the retirement of its long-serving CEO Holger Dahmen.
Dahmen will leave the company at the end of the month at his own request, the company said today (13 January), and seek "a new external challenge" after more than ten years at the helm.
He will also resign from the management board with immediate effect. Until further notice, Wolford will be managed by board members Axel Dreher and Thomas Melzer, with Dreher acting as company spokesperson.
"In the past ten years, Holger Dahmen managed the company with great aptitude and guided it through the difficulties of economic and currency crises," said Emil Flückiger, chairman of the supervisory board. "We regret his retirement very much and wish him all the success for his future career."
The board has begun the search for a successor, the company said.
Wolford last month announced plans to shift its focus back to legwear and figure-fitting garments as part of a strategic refocusing designed to "increase and strengthen" the enthusiasm of its customers.
The Austrian company, which swung to a net loss in its last financial year, is planning to adjust the structure of its product line to "better reflect the expectations of customers in the future".
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word “linge” for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015