AUSTRIA: Wolford FY sales hit by "difficult market environment"
- 2009/10 sales down 2.2% to EUR 144.0m
- 10.7% drop in sales during the first six months
- Swings to profit
Retailer Wolford Group has announced a slight dip in full-year sales, hampered by "consumer restraint" in the first half.
Net profit for the 2009/10 fiscal year amounted to EUR2.6m though, compared to a loss of EUR1.2m in the prior year, thanks to cost reduction and efficiency-enhancing measures.
“We were aware of and flexibly responded to the difficult economic conditions at an early stage. The cost reduction and efficiency-enhancing measures initiated by the Wolford Group have had a sustainable impact.
"This demonstrates that we are not only capable of surviving crisis situations, but emerge strengthened from them,” said Holger Dahmen, CEO of Wolford Aktiengesellschaft.
“Sales also stayed high despite a dampened consumer climate, declining slightly by 2.2% for the 2009/10 fiscal year as a whole. Moreover, consumer demand behavior seems to have further stabilised. Sales in the second half of the 2009/10 fiscal year already rose 6.9% year-on-year. This positive trend makes us quite optimistic for the future," he added.
Click here to read the company's full financial release.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Women's wear retailer Cache Inc today (10 November) described its third quarter results as "disappointing," even though higher sales helped narrow its losses....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report