AUSTRIA: Wolford Tightens Q1 Losses
Leading luxury lingerie and hosiery producer Wolford on Tuesday said a major restructuring exercise and cost-cutting programme had resulted in a reduction in first quarter losses.
The Bregenz-based group revealed losses before interest and tax of 3.16 million euros versus a loss of 3.53 million in the year-ago period on sales of 26.1 million euros compared to 27.6 million euros.
Wolford said that 5.4 per cent slide in sales was a result of its main customers delaying orders for the fall/winter collection, with sales up in Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and France, but down in Germany.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores