INDIA: Wolverine Announces CAT Footwear Launch
The firm hopes to sell 40,000 pairs of shoes, worth Rs70 million, in the first year. Three-quarters of the shoes will be made at its outsourcing unit in Chennai, while the rest will be imported
Mr Bhupendra Nagpal, CEO, RSH Distribution India (Pvt) Ltd, said: "We are targeting 23 shops by year-end and 34 by next year. The shoes will be priced between Rs2,000 and Rs5,500. In the second year of operations, we plan to set up two exclusive shops for the brands in Delhi and Mumbai."
Wolverine Worldwide has a portfolio of owned and licensed brands it markets worldwide, including Hush Puppies, Caterpillar, Harley-Davidson, Merrell performance shoes and Wolverine boots and shoes.
It already sells its Hush Puppies range in India via a retail tie-up with Bata.
Companies: Wolverine World Wide Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Footwear maker Wolverine World Wide has reported increased 2005 earnings and said it hit the $1.0bn revenue mark, despite a slide in fourth-quarter profit driven by increased taxes. The company also r...
Footwear company Wolverine World Wide has made a number of organisational promotions within its outdoor footwear group, which consists of the Merrell, Sebago and Patagonia businesses....
Footwear group Wolverine World Wide has unveiled a set of promotions and organisational changes relating to its Heritage Brands Group, Wolverine Footwear Group and global support operations....
Blake Krueger has been named president and chief operating officer of footwear group Wolverine World Wide....
Footwear maker Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings Ltd has established a safety shoes joint venture in partnership with Upmax Investments Ltd. ...
Shoe maker Wolverine World Wide Inc has reported a 12 per cent rise in third-quarter income, on good sales in three key units....
Footwear group Wolverine World Wide Inc has reported strong trading for the second quarter of 2005, driven by good consumer response to innovative product offerings....
Footwear marketer Wolverine World Wide Inc has signed a deal with outdoor apparel company Patagonia Inc for a long-term global license agreement to make Patagonia footwear....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective