USA: Wolverine World Wide Launches Website
Wolverine World Wide has launched its Business-to-Business website. The site provides Wolverine's retail customers and sales representatives with the ability to check order status, track shipments, check stock availability, place orders and browse the product catalogs for all of Wolverine's nine consumer brands. Retail customers can also request shoes be shipped directly to their customer's home. Wolverine is promoting the site to its dealer network with a limited offer that waives small order and drop-ship handling charges as well as same-day shipping on orders placed through the site by noon Eastern Time each day. "After successfully digesting our core implementation of SAP's Apparel and Footwear Solution in 1999, extending these capabilities to our customers is the next logical step," said James Weston, Wolverine World Wide's CIO. Wolverine's Business-to-Business web initiatives already include order tracking and communication tools used by its international licensees, distributors and contract factories launched during the fourth quarter of 1999, and Sales Force Automation tools launched in the first quarter of 2000. "We are taking significant advantage of what the Internet and our systems upgrade make possible in the Business-to-Business arena," said Weston.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective