US: Wolverine World Wide leads Collective Brands bid?
The acquisition may be announced early this week, Bloomberg reported, saying that the offer values the company at US$21-22 a share and is likely to be chosen over a bid from South Korean company E-Land.
However, unnamed sources told Bloomberg that the decision isn't final and could change at the last minute as the companies work out terms and financing.
In August last year, Collective Brands revealed plans to launch a strategic review after it swung to a second quarter loss of US$35m. It hired Perella Weinberg Partners and Kurt Salmon as advisers.
The announcement came as the company said it would close some 475 under-performing Payless and Stride Rite outlets.
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has lowered its full-year earnings target after posting a 19% drop in third-quarter net profit amid challenging economic trading conditions in Europe....
Payless Holdings, which owns Payless ShoeSource and Collective Licensing International, has appointed Paul Jones as CEO. ...
Wolverine Worldwide, Golden Gate Capital and Blum Capital have completed the acquisition of US footwear company Collective Brands. ...
US footwear group Collective Brands has swung to a second-quarter net profit despite closing hundreds of stores. ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details