US: Wolverine Worldwide Q4 loss narrows on lower costs
- Q4 loss narrows to $1.3m
- Revenue edges up 0.6% to $740.8m
- Gross margin improves to 37.2%
The company's net loss narrowed to US$1.3m during the fourth quarter
Footwear and apparel business Wolverine Worldwide has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow, after acquisition costs more than halved and sales were slightly higher.
Net loss stood at US$1.3m for the 16 weeks to 28 December, down from $3.5m in the same period of last year.
Revenue edged up 0.6% to $740.8m from 652.2m in the prior year, while gross margin improved to 37.2% from 36.7% the year before.
Costs related to its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & Lifestyle Group more than halved to $11m from $24.6m last year.
During the full year, meanwhile, the company's net profit reached $101m, up 25% from $80.8m last time. Revenue jumped 64% to a record $2.69bn from $1.64bn, helped by its Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Keds, and Merrell brands.
"Fiscal 2013 was a year of many milestones for the company, highlighted by record earnings per share and our fourth consecutive year of record revenue," said chairman and CEO Blake Krueger.
He added: "Even as a sluggish retail environment and very cold weather in the US tempered growth for our Sperry Top-Sider and Stride Rite brands during the fourth quarter, many of our other brands, including Merrell, delivered excellent results."
For fiscal 2014, Wolverine Worldwide expects earnings per share to be in the range of $1.52 to $1.58, while revenue is forecast to increase 3-6% to between $2.77bn and $2.85bn.
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
Compression wear and shapewear garments are skin-tight items of clothing which apply pressure to specific parts of the body....
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis