US: Wolverine Worldwide Q4 loss narrows on lower costs
- Q4 loss narrows to $1.3m
- Revenue edges up 0.6% to $740.8m
- Gross margin improves to 37.2%
The company's net loss narrowed to US$1.3m during the fourth quarter
Footwear and apparel business Wolverine Worldwide has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow, after acquisition costs more than halved and sales were slightly higher.
Net loss stood at US$1.3m for the 16 weeks to 28 December, down from $3.5m in the same period of last year.
Revenue edged up 0.6% to $740.8m from 652.2m in the prior year, while gross margin improved to 37.2% from 36.7% the year before.
Costs related to its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & Lifestyle Group more than halved to $11m from $24.6m last year.
During the full year, meanwhile, the company's net profit reached $101m, up 25% from $80.8m last time. Revenue jumped 64% to a record $2.69bn from $1.64bn, helped by its Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Keds, and Merrell brands.
"Fiscal 2013 was a year of many milestones for the company, highlighted by record earnings per share and our fourth consecutive year of record revenue," said chairman and CEO Blake Krueger.
He added: "Even as a sluggish retail environment and very cold weather in the US tempered growth for our Sperry Top-Sider and Stride Rite brands during the fourth quarter, many of our other brands, including Merrell, delivered excellent results."
For fiscal 2014, Wolverine Worldwide expects earnings per share to be in the range of $1.52 to $1.58, while revenue is forecast to increase 3-6% to between $2.77bn and $2.85bn.
Introduction Footwear in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile......
Introduction Footwear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also cont...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Comment: TPP winners and losers
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Vietnam seen biggest beneficiary of TPP trade pact
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (MC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review