US: Wolverine Worldwide Q4 loss narrows on lower costs
- Q4 loss narrows to $1.3m
- Revenue edges up 0.6% to $740.8m
- Gross margin improves to 37.2%
The company's net loss narrowed to US$1.3m during the fourth quarter
Footwear and apparel business Wolverine Worldwide has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow, after acquisition costs more than halved and sales were slightly higher.
Net loss stood at US$1.3m for the 16 weeks to 28 December, down from $3.5m in the same period of last year.
Revenue edged up 0.6% to $740.8m from 652.2m in the prior year, while gross margin improved to 37.2% from 36.7% the year before.
Costs related to its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & Lifestyle Group more than halved to $11m from $24.6m last year.
During the full year, meanwhile, the company's net profit reached $101m, up 25% from $80.8m last time. Revenue jumped 64% to a record $2.69bn from $1.64bn, helped by its Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Keds, and Merrell brands.
"Fiscal 2013 was a year of many milestones for the company, highlighted by record earnings per share and our fourth consecutive year of record revenue," said chairman and CEO Blake Krueger.
He added: "Even as a sluggish retail environment and very cold weather in the US tempered growth for our Sperry Top-Sider and Stride Rite brands during the fourth quarter, many of our other brands, including Merrell, delivered excellent results."
For fiscal 2014, Wolverine Worldwide expects earnings per share to be in the range of $1.52 to $1.58, while revenue is forecast to increase 3-6% to between $2.77bn and $2.85bn.
Introduction Footwear in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile......
Introduction Footwear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also cont...
Wolverine World Wide, Inc. (Wolverine) is a footwear, apparel and accessories marketer. The company specializes in design, manufacture, markets, licensing and distributes casual footwear and apparel; ...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
Compression wear and shapewear garments are skin-tight items of clothing which apply pressure to specific parts of the body....
Moisture management is the process of transporting moisture in the form of perspiration away from the skin to the outer surface of a fabric or garment where it can evaporate....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects