US: Wolverine Worldwide ups FY profit guidance
Geographically, double-digit revenue growth was recorded in each of the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions
Footwear and apparel company Wolverine Worldwide has said it expects full-year earnings to come in at the higher end of its forecast and remains "excited" about its prospects for 2014 and beyond.
In a preliminary trading update, the company said adjusted fully diluted earnings, excluding transaction and integration expenses related to its PLG acquisition and restructuring charges, are expected at the high end of its previous earnings guidance of US$1.37 to $1.42 per share.
For the year ended 28 December, Wolverine sales climbed to $2.69bn, representing growth of 5.5% on the prior year period. The firm recorded "excellent" double-digit revenue growth from its Hush Puppies, CAT Footwear, and Keds brands, and "solid" mid-single digit revenue growth from Merrell and Saucony.
Geographically, double-digit revenue growth was recorded in each of the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions, offsetting flat sales in the US and the EMEA region.
"Fiscal 2013 included several noteworthy accomplishments of which we are exceptionally proud," said CEO Blake Krueger.
"Our revenue and earnings are expected to reach record levels, we successfully integrated and grew our newly acquired brands, and the performance of Merrell, our largest brand, strengthened as the year progressed."
Compression wear and shapewear garments are skin-tight items of clothing which apply pressure to specific parts of the body....
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
Moisture management is the process of transporting moisture in the form of perspiration away from the skin to the outer surface of a fabric or garment where it can evaporate....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024