US: Wolverine Worldwide ups FY profit guidance
Geographically, double-digit revenue growth was recorded in each of the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions
Footwear and apparel company Wolverine Worldwide has said it expects full-year earnings to come in at the higher end of its forecast and remains "excited" about its prospects for 2014 and beyond.
In a preliminary trading update, the company said adjusted fully diluted earnings, excluding transaction and integration expenses related to its PLG acquisition and restructuring charges, are expected at the high end of its previous earnings guidance of US$1.37 to $1.42 per share.
For the year ended 28 December, Wolverine sales climbed to $2.69bn, representing growth of 5.5% on the prior year period. The firm recorded "excellent" double-digit revenue growth from its Hush Puppies, CAT Footwear, and Keds brands, and "solid" mid-single digit revenue growth from Merrell and Saucony.
Geographically, double-digit revenue growth was recorded in each of the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions, offsetting flat sales in the US and the EMEA region.
"Fiscal 2013 included several noteworthy accomplishments of which we are exceptionally proud," said CEO Blake Krueger.
"Our revenue and earnings are expected to reach record levels, we successfully integrated and grew our newly acquired brands, and the performance of Merrell, our largest brand, strengthened as the year progressed."
Compression wear and shapewear garments are skin-tight items of clothing which apply pressure to specific parts of the body....
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis