US: Wolverine Worldwide ups FY profit guidance
Geographically, double-digit revenue growth was recorded in each of the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions
Footwear and apparel company Wolverine Worldwide has said it expects full-year earnings to come in at the higher end of its forecast and remains "excited" about its prospects for 2014 and beyond.
In a preliminary trading update, the company said adjusted fully diluted earnings, excluding transaction and integration expenses related to its PLG acquisition and restructuring charges, are expected at the high end of its previous earnings guidance of US$1.37 to $1.42 per share.
For the year ended 28 December, Wolverine sales climbed to $2.69bn, representing growth of 5.5% on the prior year period. The firm recorded "excellent" double-digit revenue growth from its Hush Puppies, CAT Footwear, and Keds brands, and "solid" mid-single digit revenue growth from Merrell and Saucony.
Geographically, double-digit revenue growth was recorded in each of the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions, offsetting flat sales in the US and the EMEA region.
"Fiscal 2013 included several noteworthy accomplishments of which we are exceptionally proud," said CEO Blake Krueger.
"Our revenue and earnings are expected to reach record levels, we successfully integrated and grew our newly acquired brands, and the performance of Merrell, our largest brand, strengthened as the year progressed."
Compression wear and shapewear garments are skin-tight items of clothing which apply pressure to specific parts of the body....
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020