FRANCE: Women's wear label Sym sold to Miroglio
Women's wear label Sym has been sold by Italian textiles and apparel group, Miroglio, to Germany's Steilmann Holding AG, for an undisclosed sum.
Sym is one of the most established names on the French high street for quality women's wear and has around 100 stores. Its clothing range is also sold from 50
corners in department stores and 500 multi-brand outlets in France and abroad.
In a statement, Miroglio said that Sym "represents a development opportunity for Steilmann in France, the brand intregating well within the group and facilitating
for the expansion of its distribution network in the country."
"For its part, the Miroglio Group intends to concentrate investment on the brands making up its core business," the statement added.
Steilmann Holding specialises in men's and women's fashion and owns the Steilmann, Stones and Apanage brands as well as Boecker department stores.
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras