FRANCE: Women's wear label Sym sold to Miroglio
Women's wear label Sym has been sold by Italian textiles and apparel group, Miroglio, to Germany's Steilmann Holding AG, for an undisclosed sum.
Sym is one of the most established names on the French high street for quality women's wear and has around 100 stores. Its clothing range is also sold from 50
corners in department stores and 500 multi-brand outlets in France and abroad.
In a statement, Miroglio said that Sym "represents a development opportunity for Steilmann in France, the brand intregating well within the group and facilitating
for the expansion of its distribution network in the country."
"For its part, the Miroglio Group intends to concentrate investment on the brands making up its core business," the statement added.
Steilmann Holding specialises in men's and women's fashion and owns the Steilmann, Stones and Apanage brands as well as Boecker department stores.
- Li & Fung: China consumption to bring major change
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- Opinion divided on China cotton import cuts
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Chinese firm to invest in Ethiopian textile plant
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm
- Columbia Sportswear hires global manufacturing VP
- Textile value chain making Africa more competitive