FRANCE: Women's wear label Sym sold to Miroglio
Women's wear label Sym has been sold by Italian textiles and apparel group, Miroglio, to Germany's Steilmann Holding AG, for an undisclosed sum.
Sym is one of the most established names on the French high street for quality women's wear and has around 100 stores. Its clothing range is also sold from 50
corners in department stores and 500 multi-brand outlets in France and abroad.
In a statement, Miroglio said that Sym "represents a development opportunity for Steilmann in France, the brand intregating well within the group and facilitating
for the expansion of its distribution network in the country."
"For its part, the Miroglio Group intends to concentrate investment on the brands making up its core business," the statement added.
Steilmann Holding specialises in men's and women's fashion and owns the Steilmann, Stones and Apanage brands as well as Boecker department stores.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket