FRANCE: Women's wear label Sym sold to Miroglio
Women's wear label Sym has been sold by Italian textiles and apparel group, Miroglio, to Germany's Steilmann Holding AG, for an undisclosed sum.
Sym is one of the most established names on the French high street for quality women's wear and has around 100 stores. Its clothing range is also sold from 50
corners in department stores and 500 multi-brand outlets in France and abroad.
In a statement, Miroglio said that Sym "represents a development opportunity for Steilmann in France, the brand intregating well within the group and facilitating
for the expansion of its distribution network in the country."
"For its part, the Miroglio Group intends to concentrate investment on the brands making up its core business," the statement added.
Steilmann Holding specialises in men's and women's fashion and owns the Steilmann, Stones and Apanage brands as well as Boecker department stores.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies