FRANCE: Women's wear label Sym sold to Miroglio
Women's wear label Sym has been sold by Italian textiles and apparel group, Miroglio, to Germany's Steilmann Holding AG, for an undisclosed sum.
Sym is one of the most established names on the French high street for quality women's wear and has around 100 stores. Its clothing range is also sold from 50
corners in department stores and 500 multi-brand outlets in France and abroad.
In a statement, Miroglio said that Sym "represents a development opportunity for Steilmann in France, the brand intregating well within the group and facilitating
for the expansion of its distribution network in the country."
"For its part, the Miroglio Group intends to concentrate investment on the brands making up its core business," the statement added.
Steilmann Holding specialises in men's and women's fashion and owns the Steilmann, Stones and Apanage brands as well as Boecker department stores.
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019