USA: Women's Workout Wear Web Retailer To Open Store
Lucy.com, online and catalog retailer of women's workout wear, and Crunch, a developer of athletic clubs and lifestyle products, announced the opening of a lucy.com retail store at a New York City Crunch location. The move marks the opening of lucy.com's third retail distribution channel - lucy.com launched a website in November 1999, a catalog in September 2000, and now will establish a brick-and-mortar presence in conjunction with Crunch by January 1, 2001. "We want women to be able to find great workout wear wherever they prefer to shop - in a store, by catalog, or on the web," said Sue Levin, CEO and co-founder of lucy.com. "This Crunch store will be our beachhead into brick-and-mortar retailing." The 900 sq ft store, called lucy@crunch, will be on the first floor of the Crunch gym at 1109 Second Avenue, between 58th and 59th street. The street level store will be open to the public as well as members of the Crunch gym. In addition to selling Crunch merchandise, lucy@crunch will carry an assortment of the 100 brands and 1300 styles found in lucy.com's catalog and online store with an emphasis on in-the-gym wear. Shoppers can choose from top-selling lucy.com brands like Avia, Brooks, Champion, Danskin, Moving Comfort, and Patagonia.Shoppers will also be able to browse the lucy.com website through an instore kiosk and copies of the latest lucy.com catalog will be on hand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020