URUGUAY: Wool And Apparel Exports On The Mend
Uruguay's exports of wool, wool textiles and apparel are showing signs of recovery this year, with exports up by 14.3 per cent to $219.3m in the year ended October 31, the national wool research and promotion organisation SUL (Secretariado Uruguayo de le Lana) said last week.Wool top remained the most significant export product in this sector with a share of 53 per cent and an export value of $116.2m, up 13.6 per cent on the previous season. This was followed by exports of wool fabric with a 19.1 per cent share, up 15.5 per cent and exports of wool apparel with a 16.4 per cent share, up 10.2 per cent.China remained the largest destination for exports with a 26 per cent share, followed by Italy, Argentina, Brazil, and Germany. The strong dollar led to a rise in Uruguay's exports to the US and a small rise in exports to Asia. In contrast, the weakness of the Euro saw exports to Europe fall away.For more information, visit SUL's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts