URUGUAY: Wool And Apparel Exports On The Mend
Uruguay's exports of wool, wool textiles and apparel are showing signs of recovery this year, with exports up by 14.3 per cent to $219.3m in the year ended October 31, the national wool research and promotion organisation SUL (Secretariado Uruguayo de le Lana) said last week.Wool top remained the most significant export product in this sector with a share of 53 per cent and an export value of $116.2m, up 13.6 per cent on the previous season. This was followed by exports of wool fabric with a 19.1 per cent share, up 15.5 per cent and exports of wool apparel with a 16.4 per cent share, up 10.2 per cent.China remained the largest destination for exports with a 26 per cent share, followed by Italy, Argentina, Brazil, and Germany. The strong dollar led to a rise in Uruguay's exports to the US and a small rise in exports to Asia. In contrast, the weakness of the Euro saw exports to Europe fall away.For more information, visit SUL's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016