URUGUAY: Wool And Apparel Exports On The Mend
Uruguay's exports of wool, wool textiles and apparel are showing signs of recovery this year, with exports up by 14.3 per cent to $219.3m in the year ended October 31, the national wool research and promotion organisation SUL (Secretariado Uruguayo de le Lana) said last week.Wool top remained the most significant export product in this sector with a share of 53 per cent and an export value of $116.2m, up 13.6 per cent on the previous season. This was followed by exports of wool fabric with a 19.1 per cent share, up 15.5 per cent and exports of wool apparel with a 16.4 per cent share, up 10.2 per cent.China remained the largest destination for exports with a 26 per cent share, followed by Italy, Argentina, Brazil, and Germany. The strong dollar led to a rise in Uruguay's exports to the US and a small rise in exports to Asia. In contrast, the weakness of the Euro saw exports to Europe fall away.For more information, visit SUL's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022