URUGUAY: Wool And Apparel Exports On The Mend
Uruguay's exports of wool, wool textiles and apparel are showing signs of recovery this year, with exports up by 14.3 per cent to $219.3m in the year ended October 31, the national wool research and promotion organisation SUL (Secretariado Uruguayo de le Lana) said last week.Wool top remained the most significant export product in this sector with a share of 53 per cent and an export value of $116.2m, up 13.6 per cent on the previous season. This was followed by exports of wool fabric with a 19.1 per cent share, up 15.5 per cent and exports of wool apparel with a 16.4 per cent share, up 10.2 per cent.China remained the largest destination for exports with a 26 per cent share, followed by Italy, Argentina, Brazil, and Germany. The strong dollar led to a rise in Uruguay's exports to the US and a small rise in exports to Asia. In contrast, the weakness of the Euro saw exports to Europe fall away.For more information, visit SUL's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020