AUSTRALIA: Wool Chiefs Win M&S Deal
UK high street giant Marks & Spencer has agreed a deal with Australian Wool Innovation Ltd (AWI) for the development of new wool and wool products, it was revealed on Wednesday.
The two companies have signed a two-year agreement to develop new wool and wool blend products and provide a commercial consumer focus to AWI's future research and development investments.
AWI business development manager, Peter Silk, said the memorandum of understanding (MOU) will help the development of improved and more cost effective fabrics and generate profit for the domestic industry.
"What the MOU represents is the combination of research and development with a hard-edged commercial reality," he said.
M&S specialist wool manager, Linda Szpala, added the agreement would result in a better process for identifying opportunities for Australian wool within the retail chain.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI) has launched a $2 million five-year research project to determine if selective breeding programs can produce blowfly-strike resistant sheep....
A campaign to promote Australian wool in the US has been given the green light by three key organisations - Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI), Australian Wool Services (AWS) and the Internation...
Industry body Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) is pushing Australia's government to ensure the country's wool is included in any forthcoming free trade agreements with China....
Industry marketing body Australian Wool Innovation has netted a deal with Chinese garment maker the Heilan group that will reportedly launch wool-blend machine-washable men's suits onto the Chinese ma...
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022