AUSTRALIA: Wool Group In New Legal Tangle
The Australian Wool Services has found itself in yet another legal dispute, this time with Computershare Investor Services, the company that compiled the Australian Wool Services share register, according to the Herald and Weekly Times.
The news of the $1.5m domestic dispute with Computershare follows on from the settlement of an $11m asset dispute with South Africa's Cape Wools.
Although neither the Australian Wool Services nor Computershare would confirm or deny reports of the dispute, senior sources at the Wool House said that they believe the dispute stemmed from a disagreement over the original contracted fee to Computershare of $800,000.
Computershare claims that to meet the deadline for the share register it had to employ a number of additional staff, raising the original fee agreed.
A campaign to promote Australian wool in the US has been given the green light by three key organisations - Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI), Australian Wool Services (AWS) and the Internation...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report