SWEDEN: Woolmark And TextileSolutions Wool Trading Site
The Woolmark Company and TextileSolutions today signed a letter of intent to develop WoolXchange.com, an independent e-trading platform for wool fabrics and yarns. WoolXchange will be a global, Internet-based trading platform for wool fabrics and yarns open 24-hours a day/seven days a week. This flexible e-marketplace will allow participants to trade in securely in both an open environment and in private customer-supplier networks. The Woolmark Company is a world leader in textile innovation, branding, and marketing, and operates in over 25 countries with close industry connections and networks through all stages of the wool textile pipeline. It also owns wool.com. TextileSolutions has already established a robust and secure electronic trading system for textiles. "TextileSolutions is proud that Woolmark has chosen us as the developer of the WoolXchange" said Tommy Lowback, CEO of TextileSolutions. "The Woolmark Company selected TextileSolutions based on our technically advanced global approach to sales, and we are very happy for this opportunity. "TextileSolutions gives Woolmark® and the WoolXchange the technical expertise and the marketplace knowledge to provide industry players the access, security, and speed required in this rapidly evolving space," said Johann Mittermayr, Woolmark's director of sales for Europe. WoolXchange.com is expected to be operational by the end of the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack