SWEDEN: Woolmark And TextileSolutions Wool Trading Site
The Woolmark Company and TextileSolutions today signed a letter of intent to develop WoolXchange.com, an independent e-trading platform for wool fabrics and yarns. WoolXchange will be a global, Internet-based trading platform for wool fabrics and yarns open 24-hours a day/seven days a week. This flexible e-marketplace will allow participants to trade in securely in both an open environment and in private customer-supplier networks. The Woolmark Company is a world leader in textile innovation, branding, and marketing, and operates in over 25 countries with close industry connections and networks through all stages of the wool textile pipeline. It also owns wool.com. TextileSolutions has already established a robust and secure electronic trading system for textiles. "TextileSolutions is proud that Woolmark has chosen us as the developer of the WoolXchange" said Tommy Lowback, CEO of TextileSolutions. "The Woolmark Company selected TextileSolutions based on our technically advanced global approach to sales, and we are very happy for this opportunity. "TextileSolutions gives Woolmark® and the WoolXchange the technical expertise and the marketplace knowledge to provide industry players the access, security, and speed required in this rapidly evolving space," said Johann Mittermayr, Woolmark's director of sales for Europe. WoolXchange.com is expected to be operational by the end of the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022