UK: Woolmark Company Appoints New Managing Director
David Conners has been acting managing director of The Woolmark Company since January 1.
He has also been made chief executive of the Woolmark holding company, the Australian Wool Services.
Woolmark say Mr Conners will relocate to Europe by the end of April this year, as part of the organisation's commitment that senior staff should be closer to business partners.
The Australian Wool Services and The Woolmark Company are Australian-based companies but its operational headquarters are expected to be the former International Wool Secretariat offices in Ilkley, Yorkshire.
Meanwhile four staff working on international market development programs in Australia have lost their jobs.
The Woolmark Company says the group's five-year program, funded by the Federal Government AusAid program, was completed.
By Deborah Bowyer
SDL Atlas, the supplier of textile testing equipment, has been signed up as the exclusive global agent for Tinius Olsen universal testing machines (UTMs)....
A campaign to promote Australian wool in the US has been given the green light by three key organisations - Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI), Australian Wool Services (AWS) and the Internation...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores