UK: Woolmark Company Appoints New Managing Director
David Conners has been acting managing director of The Woolmark Company since January 1.
He has also been made chief executive of the Woolmark holding company, the Australian Wool Services.
Woolmark say Mr Conners will relocate to Europe by the end of April this year, as part of the organisation's commitment that senior staff should be closer to business partners.
The Australian Wool Services and The Woolmark Company are Australian-based companies but its operational headquarters are expected to be the former International Wool Secretariat offices in Ilkley, Yorkshire.
Meanwhile four staff working on international market development programs in Australia have lost their jobs.
The Woolmark Company says the group's five-year program, funded by the Federal Government AusAid program, was completed.
By Deborah Bowyer
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
SDL Atlas, the supplier of textile testing equipment, has been signed up as the exclusive global agent for Tinius Olsen universal testing machines (UTMs)....
A campaign to promote Australian wool in the US has been given the green light by three key organisations - Australian Wool Innovation Limited (AWI), Australian Wool Services (AWS) and the Internation...
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective