FRANCE: Woolmark Company returns to growing demand
The Woolmark Company is making a new effort to drive demand for wool from French designers and fashion brands, with the opening of a new office in Paris at the end of this month marking its return to the French market.
The operation will be led by newly appointed country manager, Christina del Gobbo Marchet.
The marketing and licensing group has spent the past two years repositioning its presence in key markets, including China, US, Europe, India, Japan, Korea and Australia. It aim has been to relaunch the Woolmark brand and increase demand for Australian merino wool.
As well as promoting the consumption of wool products amongst global consumers, research and development activities have also focused on supporting the wool supply chain - from the farmers to spinners, weavers and manufacturers - to increase the quality of merino wool fibre.
"As the epicentre of luxury and excellence, France has always been one of the most important countries for wool, both from a B2B perspective, with the importance of the French fashion industry, and as a consumption market," explains Stuart McCullough, CEO of The Woolmark Company.
"We definitely want to re-establish ourselves in the French market and are now determined to grow there and affirm wool as a premium fibre working at the highest level of the market."
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide