FRANCE: Woolmark Company returns to growing demand
The Woolmark Company is making a new effort to drive demand for wool from French designers and fashion brands, with the opening of a new office in Paris at the end of this month marking its return to the French market.
The operation will be led by newly appointed country manager, Christina del Gobbo Marchet.
The marketing and licensing group has spent the past two years repositioning its presence in key markets, including China, US, Europe, India, Japan, Korea and Australia. It aim has been to relaunch the Woolmark brand and increase demand for Australian merino wool.
As well as promoting the consumption of wool products amongst global consumers, research and development activities have also focused on supporting the wool supply chain - from the farmers to spinners, weavers and manufacturers - to increase the quality of merino wool fibre.
"As the epicentre of luxury and excellence, France has always been one of the most important countries for wool, both from a B2B perspective, with the importance of the French fashion industry, and as a consumption market," explains Stuart McCullough, CEO of The Woolmark Company.
"We definitely want to re-establish ourselves in the French market and are now determined to grow there and affirm wool as a premium fibre working at the highest level of the market."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects