FRANCE: Woolmark Company returns to growing demand
The Woolmark Company is making a new effort to drive demand for wool from French designers and fashion brands, with the opening of a new office in Paris at the end of this month marking its return to the French market.
The operation will be led by newly appointed country manager, Christina del Gobbo Marchet.
The marketing and licensing group has spent the past two years repositioning its presence in key markets, including China, US, Europe, India, Japan, Korea and Australia. It aim has been to relaunch the Woolmark brand and increase demand for Australian merino wool.
As well as promoting the consumption of wool products amongst global consumers, research and development activities have also focused on supporting the wool supply chain - from the farmers to spinners, weavers and manufacturers - to increase the quality of merino wool fibre.
"As the epicentre of luxury and excellence, France has always been one of the most important countries for wool, both from a B2B perspective, with the importance of the French fashion industry, and as a consumption market," explains Stuart McCullough, CEO of The Woolmark Company.
"We definitely want to re-establish ourselves in the French market and are now determined to grow there and affirm wool as a premium fibre working at the highest level of the market."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis