FRANCE: Woolmark Company returns to growing demand
The Woolmark Company is making a new effort to drive demand for wool from French designers and fashion brands, with the opening of a new office in Paris at the end of this month marking its return to the French market.
The operation will be led by newly appointed country manager, Christina del Gobbo Marchet.
The marketing and licensing group has spent the past two years repositioning its presence in key markets, including China, US, Europe, India, Japan, Korea and Australia. It aim has been to relaunch the Woolmark brand and increase demand for Australian merino wool.
As well as promoting the consumption of wool products amongst global consumers, research and development activities have also focused on supporting the wool supply chain - from the farmers to spinners, weavers and manufacturers - to increase the quality of merino wool fibre.
"As the epicentre of luxury and excellence, France has always been one of the most important countries for wool, both from a B2B perspective, with the importance of the French fashion industry, and as a consumption market," explains Stuart McCullough, CEO of The Woolmark Company.
"We definitely want to re-establish ourselves in the French market and are now determined to grow there and affirm wool as a premium fibre working at the highest level of the market."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Esquel CEO says automation core to competitiveness
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- VF Corp and Kohl's join White House climate pledge
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Adidas develops high-tech swimwear range
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory