AUSTRALIA: Woolmark Names Peter Wilkinson MD
Wilkinson, whose resume boasts leadership roles with leading department store groups David Jones and Myer and apparel retailer Just Jeans, will take up the position from June 21.
According to Woolmark chairman Trevor Flugge, Wilkinson's "high profile retail background" would serve the organisation well.
"His strategic skills together with his extensive retail and supply chain management experience will enable him to strengthen Australian wool's position to the consumer through targeted product development and marketing," Flugge said.
"He is also well qualified to manage the successful commercialisation of wool textile innovation with key partners."
As part of the role, Wilkinson will oversee the group's Australian Wool Services Ltd subsidiary.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
SDL Atlas, the supplier of textile testing equipment, has been signed up as the exclusive global agent for Tinius Olsen universal testing machines (UTMs)....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective