AUSTRALIA: Woolworths Could Move In On Target, Kmart
Roger Corbett, chief executive of Woolworths, Australia's biggest grocery chain, says he would be interested in making an offer for Coles Myer's Target and Kmart department store chains should the retail conglomerate be broken up. Sagging sales and poor profits have prompted speculation that Coles Myer will get rid of some of its assets, although the company denies that disaggregation is on the cards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores