AUSTRALIA: Woolworths Could Move In On Target, Kmart
Roger Corbett, chief executive of Woolworths, Australia's biggest grocery chain, says he would be interested in making an offer for Coles Myer's Target and Kmart department store chains should the retail conglomerate be broken up.
Sagging sales and poor profits have prompted speculation that Coles Myer will get rid of some of its assets, although the company denies that disaggregation is on the cards.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
Sears Holdings' Kmart subsidiary is to axe an unspecified number of workers as it revises staff levels at its 1,400 stores, according to press reports....
Up to 150,000 employees and retirees of former retailer Kmart have been awarded US$11.75m as part of a lawsuit settlement over the investment of pension funds, Associated Press reported....
Woolworths, the Cape Town, South Africa-based retail group, is to roll out Geac's QuestPLM (product lifecycle management) solution across its entire clothing offering....
Toys to clothing to sweets retailer Woolworths yesterday revealed wider underlying losses in its first-half trading, and warned that tough trading conditions continue to take their toll on the busines...
Non-food sales in grocers, which includes clothing and footwear, have increased nearly 60 per cent over the past five years - but this is just the tip of the iceberg according to new research....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
South Africa's top labour group is to protest against clothing retailers who buy cheap Asian imports instead of domestically produced clothing....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar