SOUTH AFRICA: Woolworths Extends Merchandise Planning
The company (which has no relationship with other retailers trading under the Woolworths name) already uses i2 Merchandise Planner and i2 Merchandise Allocator. Under the terms of this new agreement, Woolworths will extend into i2's full Merchandise Planning suite by implementing i2 Demand Planner and i2 Replenishment Planner for its textiles business.
The i2 Merchandise Planning suite is designed to deliver: improved customer service through better in-store availability of products; reduced inventory costs and less markdowns as a result of better forecasting and stock planningetter use of resources, both in terms of people and stock; and enhanced efficiency of operations paving the way for sales growth.
i2 Retail will be introduced at Woolworths in a phased implementation project that started in February 2003 in Cape Town, with a goal of completing rollout by the fourth quarter of 2003.
Woolworths has 193 stores throughout Africa and the Middle East. Country Road, a clothing and homeware subsidiary of Woolworths Holdings Limited, has 44 stores and operates in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
Companies: Woolworths Holdings Limited
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The sale of Australia's Myer department store chain to venture capitalists will create a rare opportunity for its new owners to build a clothing retailer with global influence reports David Robertson....
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Australian retailer Coles Myer has sold its Myer department store chain to a consortium including Newbridge Capital and the Myer family for A$1.4bn (US$1.03bn)....
Woolworths, the Cape Town, South Africa-based retail group, is to roll out Geac's QuestPLM (product lifecycle management) solution across its entire clothing offering....
Toys to clothing to sweets retailer Woolworths yesterday revealed wider underlying losses in its first-half trading, and warned that tough trading conditions continue to take their toll on the busines...
Flagging department store chain Marks & Spencer has slipped even further down the children's wear market and now lags behind rivals Next, Asda, Tesco and Woolworths, according to a new report by marke...
Non-food sales in grocers, which includes clothing and footwear, have increased nearly 60 per cent over the past five years - but this is just the tip of the iceberg according to new research....
South Africa's top labour group is to protest against clothing retailers who buy cheap Asian imports instead of domestically produced clothing....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022