UK: Woolworths Signs Up Flowerpot Men For Children's Wear
Woolworths is to take a step back in time as it introduces the services of the 1960's children's TV favourites Bill and Ben the flowerpot men to promote its children's wear lines.
The high street retailing chain has signed a licensing deal with the BBC Worldwide to use the characters on its new lines of Ladybird children's clothing, the brand bought by the company in a £12m deal in January this year.
The company is hoping that using the popular characters will enable it to edge M&S out of the number one spot for children's wear by attracting former C&A customers into its stores.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The sale of Australia's Myer department store chain to venture capitalists will create a rare opportunity for its new owners to build a clothing retailer with global influence reports David Robertson....
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Australian retailer Coles Myer has sold its Myer department store chain to a consortium including Newbridge Capital and the Myer family for A$1.4bn (US$1.03bn)....
Woolworths, the Cape Town, South Africa-based retail group, is to roll out Geac's QuestPLM (product lifecycle management) solution across its entire clothing offering....
Toys to clothing to sweets retailer Woolworths yesterday revealed wider underlying losses in its first-half trading, and warned that tough trading conditions continue to take their toll on the busines...
Flagging department store chain Marks & Spencer has slipped even further down the children's wear market and now lags behind rivals Next, Asda, Tesco and Woolworths, according to a new report by marke...
Non-food sales in grocers, which includes clothing and footwear, have increased nearly 60 per cent over the past five years - but this is just the tip of the iceberg according to new research....
South Africa's top labour group is to protest against clothing retailers who buy cheap Asian imports instead of domestically produced clothing....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts