UK: Woolworths To Carry Peacocks Apparel And Footwear Lines
The Peacock Group plc, the value for money retailer, is to trial its adult clothing and footwear ranges in three new Woolworths stores.Peacocks has teamed up with Woolworths to sell the clothing and footwear ranges in the new store in Watford. The store opened on September 8 and incorporates 5,200 sq ft of Peacocks clothing located on the ground floor. The ranges will also be tested in the two new Woolworths stores to be opened in October at The Metro Centre, Gateshead and in Chester, following the acquisition of two C&A units. Peacocks will also be extending their participation in the Big W stores. The current involvement with four Big W stores will be extended when a further four new stores are opened before Christmas. The new stores will be located in Stockton, Glasgow Forge, Redruth and Bradford. An additional 20 stores will be opened during 2001 and 2002. Commenting on the developments, Richard Kirk, chief executive, Peacocks, said: "I am delighted that Peacocks are extending the trading relationship with Woolworths. Participation in these prime location stores complements our core strategy of expansion in more secondary locations and provides us with a significant growth opportunity. We already enjoy a very successful partnership with Woolworths through Big W. Its accelerated roll-out programme, coupled with this new development with main chain Woolworths if successful, presents a very exciting growth opportunity for the Group."Keith Flemming, MD of Woolworths, commented: "Peacocks has been an outstanding success in our four Big W stores to date and we are confident it will be equally successful in our three new Woolworths Stores. The three chosen - in Watford and two recently acquired C&A stores in Chester and Gateshead - are all large stores that have additional selling space to accommodate the Peacocks adult clothing and footwear range. This is an important trial for us and we are looking forward to the results."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective