UK: Woolworths To Carry Peacocks Apparel And Footwear Lines
The Peacock Group plc, the value for money retailer, is to trial its adult clothing and footwear ranges in three new Woolworths stores.Peacocks has teamed up with Woolworths to sell the clothing and footwear ranges in the new store in Watford. The store opened on September 8 and incorporates 5,200 sq ft of Peacocks clothing located on the ground floor. The ranges will also be tested in the two new Woolworths stores to be opened in October at The Metro Centre, Gateshead and in Chester, following the acquisition of two C&A units. Peacocks will also be extending their participation in the Big W stores. The current involvement with four Big W stores will be extended when a further four new stores are opened before Christmas. The new stores will be located in Stockton, Glasgow Forge, Redruth and Bradford. An additional 20 stores will be opened during 2001 and 2002. Commenting on the developments, Richard Kirk, chief executive, Peacocks, said: "I am delighted that Peacocks are extending the trading relationship with Woolworths. Participation in these prime location stores complements our core strategy of expansion in more secondary locations and provides us with a significant growth opportunity. We already enjoy a very successful partnership with Woolworths through Big W. Its accelerated roll-out programme, coupled with this new development with main chain Woolworths if successful, presents a very exciting growth opportunity for the Group."Keith Flemming, MD of Woolworths, commented: "Peacocks has been an outstanding success in our four Big W stores to date and we are confident it will be equally successful in our three new Woolworths Stores. The three chosen - in Watford and two recently acquired C&A stores in Chester and Gateshead - are all large stores that have additional selling space to accommodate the Peacocks adult clothing and footwear range. This is an important trial for us and we are looking forward to the results."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack