AUSTRALIA: Woolworths To Push On With Sales
Woolworths is not abandoning plans to securitise its $300m portfolio of distribution centres. Earlier this year Woolworths said securitisation was under consideration, and the prospect was raised again at the Property Council's capital markets seminar this week.Later, a Woolworths spokesperson told The Australian that the company's position had not changed, and the corporate treasury department was "always in the market for options on balance sheet management".Qantas and David Jones are the latest companies to successfully securitise assets, and Fosters also recently announced it wanted to securitise its $700m portfolio of licensed hotels.Stephen Girdis, executive director of Macquarie Bank, is predicting the number of companies turning to capital management strategies, including property securitisation, will continue rising. Companies have been slow to unlock property holdings, but it was changing. "The number of companies that have taken capital management steps has jumped from two in 1996 to 94 in 2000," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020