AUSTRALIA: Woolworths To Push On With Sales
Woolworths is not abandoning plans to securitise its $300m portfolio of distribution centres. Earlier this year Woolworths said securitisation was under consideration, and the prospect was raised again at the Property Council's capital markets seminar this week.Later, a Woolworths spokesperson told The Australian that the company's position had not changed, and the corporate treasury department was "always in the market for options on balance sheet management".Qantas and David Jones are the latest companies to successfully securitise assets, and Fosters also recently announced it wanted to securitise its $700m portfolio of licensed hotels.Stephen Girdis, executive director of Macquarie Bank, is predicting the number of companies turning to capital management strategies, including property securitisation, will continue rising. Companies have been slow to unlock property holdings, but it was changing. "The number of companies that have taken capital management steps has jumped from two in 1996 to 94 in 2000," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack