AUSTRALIA: Woolworths To Push On With Sales
Woolworths is not abandoning plans to securitise its $300m portfolio of distribution centres. Earlier this year Woolworths said securitisation was under consideration, and the prospect was raised again at the Property Council's capital markets seminar this week.Later, a Woolworths spokesperson told The Australian that the company's position had not changed, and the corporate treasury department was "always in the market for options on balance sheet management".Qantas and David Jones are the latest companies to successfully securitise assets, and Fosters also recently announced it wanted to securitise its $700m portfolio of licensed hotels.Stephen Girdis, executive director of Macquarie Bank, is predicting the number of companies turning to capital management strategies, including property securitisation, will continue rising. Companies have been slow to unlock property holdings, but it was changing. "The number of companies that have taken capital management steps has jumped from two in 1996 to 94 in 2000," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022