AUSTRALIA: Workers Don Wedding Dresses For Low Pay Protest
The demonstrators called on the clothing sector to sign a code of practice that would guarantee outworkers received a minimum award wage of $12.11 an hour.
The protest in Melbourne was organised by Fair Wear - a group opposing the exploitation of outworkers.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"