UK: Workwear Firm Alexandra Braced For Sales Shortfall
British-based specialist workwear supplier, Alexandra Plc, revealed on Friday that its full-year profits were likely to be hit by poor sales and the slow implementation of a major contract roll out. In a statement, the firm said the result would be a sales shortfall of around £4 million ($5.69m) and that profits would also be adversely affected by falling margins due to a highly competitive market and exchange rate losses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020