UK: Workwear Firm Alexandra Braced For Sales Shortfall
British-based specialist workwear supplier, Alexandra Plc, revealed on Friday that its full-year profits were likely to be hit by poor sales and the slow implementation of a major contract roll out. In a statement, the firm said the result would be a sales shortfall of around £4 million ($5.69m) and that profits would also be adversely affected by falling margins due to a highly competitive market and exchange rate losses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022