USA: Worldtex Emerges From Reorganisation
As a result of the restructuring, which was funded by a $38 million senior secured credit facility led by AmSouth Capital Corp, private equity firm GSC Partners will hold a controlling interest in Worldtex's equity.
The credit facility will be used to refinance the company's debtor-in- possession financing agreement and industrial revenue bonds and help fund future working capital needs.
Worldtex CEO Barry Setzer said: "We are extremely pleased with the outcome of this restructuring transaction, which has significantly reduced the company's debt and aligned Worldtex with the experienced equity sponsorship of GSC Partners.
"We have especially appreciated the continued support, loyalty and dedication of our customers, employees and creditors under the challenging operating circumstances of the last several quarters. Worldtex looks forward to building on its history as a leading global manufacturer of covered elastic yarn and narrow elastic fabrics."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective