USA: Worldtex Obtains New Credit Facility
Worldtex, Inc (NYSE: WTX) said that it had entered into a new $47.5m credit facility with Bank of America Commercial Finance - Business Credit. With current annual revenues of nearly $300m, Worldtex, Inc is a market leader in the covered elastic yarn and narrow elastic fabric markets throughout the Americas and Europe. Worldtex, Inc supplies a broad range of component products to the apparel, textile, home furnishings and specialty end-use markets.The facility provides for revolving credit of up to $40m, with loan availability determined under a "borrowing base" formula derived from Worldtex's domestic accounts receivable and inventory as most recently calculated at the time of borrowing. In addition, the facility provides for a term loan of $7.5m, $3m of which has been borrowed and $4.5m is expected to be borrowed within 60 days upon the satisfaction of certain conditions. Worldtex has utilized approximately $20m of new borrowings under the facility to repay its existing domestic credit facility and to pay transaction expenses. Additional availability will be used for Worldtex's working capital needs and general corporate business purposes.The company has also engaged the investment banking firm Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin Capital to study various strategic alternatives for the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020