USA: Worldtex Obtains New Credit Facility
Worldtex, Inc (NYSE: WTX) said that it had entered into a new $47.5m credit facility with Bank of America Commercial Finance - Business Credit. The facility provides for revolving credit of up to $40m, with loan availability determined under a "borrowing base" formula derived from Worldtex's domestic accounts receivable and inventory as most recently calculated at the time of borrowing. The facility also provides for a term loan of $7.5m, $3m of which has been borrowed and $4.5m is expected to be borrowed within 60 days upon the satisfaction of certain conditions. Worldtex has used approximately $20m of new borrowings under the facility to repay its existing domestic credit facility and to pay transaction expenses. Additional availability will be used for Worldtex's working capital needs and general corporate business purposes. Worldtex also said that it had engaged the investment banking firm Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin Capital as investment banker to study various strategic alternatives for the company. With current annual revenues of nearly $300m, Worldtex, Inc is a market leader in the covered elastic yarn and narrow elastic fabric markets throughout the Americas and Europe. Worldtex, Inc supplies a broad range of component products to the apparel, textile, home furnishings and specialty end-use markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts