USA: WPS Board Elects New Senior Vice President -- IT and CIO
WestPoint Stevens Inc (NYSE: WXS) announced today that the company's board of directors has elected H. Dan Laidlaw senior vice president -- information technology and chief information officer effective immediately."In his new role, Mr Laidlaw will provide leadership to improve business performance with the expansion of information technology within the firm," said David C. Meek, executive vice president - finance and chief financial officer to whom Mr Laidlaw will continue reporting.Mr Laidlaw had been vice president -- IT and CIO. He joined the Company in 1993 as vice president -- management information systems and was promoted to CIO in 1997. The department was renamed Information Technology in 1999. Prior to his association with WPS, he was MIS Director for Mount Vernon Mills, Greenville, SC, from 1987 and before that served as Manager of an IT consulting service with Deloitte and Touche, New Orleans, from 1983.Mr Laidlaw will continue to be based at Executive Offices, West Point, Ga.WestPoint Stevens Inc is a leading home fashions consumer products marketing company, with a wide range of bed linens, towels, blankets, comforters and accessories. WestPoint Stevens is also a manufacturer of the Martha Stewart bed and bath lines. WestPoint Stevens can be found on the World Wide Web at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective