USA: WPS Board Elects New Senior Vice President -- IT and CIO
WestPoint Stevens Inc (NYSE: WXS) announced today that the company's board of directors has elected H. Dan Laidlaw senior vice president -- information technology and chief information officer effective immediately."In his new role, Mr Laidlaw will provide leadership to improve business performance with the expansion of information technology within the firm," said David C. Meek, executive vice president - finance and chief financial officer to whom Mr Laidlaw will continue reporting.Mr Laidlaw had been vice president -- IT and CIO. He joined the Company in 1993 as vice president -- management information systems and was promoted to CIO in 1997. The department was renamed Information Technology in 1999. Prior to his association with WPS, he was MIS Director for Mount Vernon Mills, Greenville, SC, from 1987 and before that served as Manager of an IT consulting service with Deloitte and Touche, New Orleans, from 1983.Mr Laidlaw will continue to be based at Executive Offices, West Point, Ga.WestPoint Stevens Inc is a leading home fashions consumer products marketing company, with a wide range of bed linens, towels, blankets, comforters and accessories. WestPoint Stevens is also a manufacturer of the Martha Stewart bed and bath lines. WestPoint Stevens can be found on the World Wide Web at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016