USA: X-Rite Buys German Color & Light Measurement Systems Developer
X-Rite, Incorporated (NASDAQ:XRIT), a global provider of technology solutions that measure color and light, today announced that it has acquired the assets of Optronik GmbH, an important German provider of color and light measurement instrumentation and software. The terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Optronik GmbH was founded in 1968 by Dr Johannes Fleischer, the company's sole shareholder and managing director. Dr Fleischer will remain with the company for the foreseeable future, overseeing research and development, and the respected Optronik name will be retained.The company's strength is online color and light measurement. The non-contact, online color technology is applied to web-based processes. The light measurement product line precisely measures the light output of the most sophisticated high-intensity discharge (HID) lamps produced today. In addition, they have a line of laboratory products, including integrating sphere systems for light measurement. The company holds twelve European patents and had sales of 5.8 million DM in 1999, or $2.6 million U.S. dollars at current exchange rates.This establishes X-Rite's first research and development site in Europe. In addition, the manufacturing capability of Optronik will provide X-Rite with an ability to manufacture in Europe, which provides 20 percent of X-Rite total revenues."This acquisition is a perfect fit for X-Rite," according to Rich Cook, President and CEO of X-Rite, Incorporated. "Optronik's online color measurement systems immediately provide new market opportunities with many global customers. And, we now have two new technologies, non-contact measurement for web-based processes and goniometry for light measurement. Finally, we can now develop and manufacture on two continents. As much of Optronik's sales are in Germany, we expect to leverage our worldwide distribution network, selling their products globally."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022