US: X-Static antimicrobial fibre maker buys Carolina Silver
Noble Biomaterials, manufacturer of the X-Static antimicrobial silver fibre technology, has acquired fabric, yarn and fibre producer Carolina Silver.
Based in Maiden, North Carolina, Carolina Silver's facility in the heart of the North American textile industry offers anti-bacterial and conductive technology solutions under the AG3+ brand.
"Carolina Silver has been a leader within the silver textile solutions industry," said Jeff Keane, CEO of Noble Biomaterials. "Its technologies will support the growth of the X-Static brand in preventing infections, healing wounds and eliminating odour."
The two companies expect the deal to extend the reach of Carolina's products to customers around the world.
Made with 99.9% pure silver, X-Static antimicrobial technology protects products from bacteria, fungi and odour. It inhibits the growth of bacteria in apparel and textiles and helps keep athletic gear smelling fresher and lasting longer.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016