US: X-Static antimicrobial fibre maker buys Carolina Silver
Noble Biomaterials, manufacturer of the X-Static antimicrobial silver fibre technology, has acquired fabric, yarn and fibre producer Carolina Silver.
Based in Maiden, North Carolina, Carolina Silver's facility in the heart of the North American textile industry offers anti-bacterial and conductive technology solutions under the AG3+ brand.
"Carolina Silver has been a leader within the silver textile solutions industry," said Jeff Keane, CEO of Noble Biomaterials. "Its technologies will support the growth of the X-Static brand in preventing infections, healing wounds and eliminating odour."
The two companies expect the deal to extend the reach of Carolina's products to customers around the world.
Made with 99.9% pure silver, X-Static antimicrobial technology protects products from bacteria, fungi and odour. It inhibits the growth of bacteria in apparel and textiles and helps keep athletic gear smelling fresher and lasting longer.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts