UK: XeBusiness Scoops Major Fruit Of The Loom Deal
The Manchester-based company said its Enterprise Resource Planning system is expected to be rolled out to other manufacturing facilities in Morocco and worldwide.
The productivity improvements, cost reductions and management information the new system will provide are expected to result in its capital cost being recovered in less than nine months, it added.
XeBusiness managing director, David Cullis, commented: "We are delighted to be working with a strong global fashion brand like Fruit of the Loom. Our Real Time Manufacturing Control System is a world-class 'best of breed' application that is already in use in many sites in the UK.
"This contract marks another overseas implementation of the system in the key textile manufacturing regions overseas where our product is already attracting a lot of interest."
Financial details were not disclosed.
Companies: Fruit of the Loom
Up to 28,000 Fruit of the Loom shareholders are in for a windfall after a federal judge approved two class-action settlements against the company....
Clothing manufacturer Fruit of the Loom said it will stop all operations at its Irish production plant in Buncrana in Co Donegal on 26 May, The Irish Times reported....
Apparel maker Fruit of the Loom is to close down its Irish operations a year earlier than planned....
Union Underwear Inc is setting up a new distribution centre in Berkeley County, South Carolina, which will initially create up to 200 jobs....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack