CHINA: Xiniya Fashion third-quarter net profit down 21.1%
Men's casual apparel company China Xiniya Fashion saw third quarter net profit drop despite sales increasing over the period.
The company said net profit fell 21.1% to CNY74.8m over the quarter ended 30 September . Revenue increased 15.7% over the quarter to CNY417.9m, exceeding prior guidance of 8-11% growth.
"On the back of continued store expansion and the rapid conversion of our authorized retailer- managed retail outlets, we were able to beat guidance with another strong quarter of top line revenue growth," said chairman and CEO Qiming Xu.
"Despite the economic softening in China, we were able to adapt to the current situation and push through numerous initiatives we have put in place to ensure the long-term, sustainable development of our business. Following our bi-annual sales fair in September 2012, where the total value of purchase orders grew slightly despite distributors' and authorized retailers' cautionary approach, we reduced the prices on our collections to improve the price competitiveness of our products, improve product turnover and reduce inventories during the slowdown.
"We conducted training courses for distributors and authorized retailers to strengthen retail management and enhance profitability as the refurbishment of our existing retail outlets continued as we adjust our image to meet changing consumers taste. We are pleased with the flexibility we have shown during the quarter as we push through these difficult times. I remain confident in our ability to seek new growth opportunities as we enhance our brand value and provide our customers with the high-quality products they have come to expect."
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015