CHINA: Xiniya Fashion third-quarter net profit down 21.1%
Men's casual apparel company China Xiniya Fashion saw third quarter net profit drop despite sales increasing over the period.
The company said net profit fell 21.1% to CNY74.8m over the quarter ended 30 September . Revenue increased 15.7% over the quarter to CNY417.9m, exceeding prior guidance of 8-11% growth.
"On the back of continued store expansion and the rapid conversion of our authorized retailer- managed retail outlets, we were able to beat guidance with another strong quarter of top line revenue growth," said chairman and CEO Qiming Xu.
"Despite the economic softening in China, we were able to adapt to the current situation and push through numerous initiatives we have put in place to ensure the long-term, sustainable development of our business. Following our bi-annual sales fair in September 2012, where the total value of purchase orders grew slightly despite distributors' and authorized retailers' cautionary approach, we reduced the prices on our collections to improve the price competitiveness of our products, improve product turnover and reduce inventories during the slowdown.
"We conducted training courses for distributors and authorized retailers to strengthen retail management and enhance profitability as the refurbishment of our existing retail outlets continued as we adjust our image to meet changing consumers taste. We are pleased with the flexibility we have shown during the quarter as we push through these difficult times. I remain confident in our ability to seek new growth opportunities as we enhance our brand value and provide our customers with the high-quality products they have come to expect."
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015