USA: Yarn Giant Unifi Eyes Asia Alliance
US yarn giant Unifi Inc today said it was in talks with Tuntex (Thailand) for the manufacturing and product marketing of textured polyester filament yarn, but stressed no contractual agreement had yet been signed.
The proposed deal will focus on the production and marketing of polyester draw texture yarn (DTY) for Asia, but is not a manufacturing joint venture.
A Unifi spokesman said: "The agreement would be intended to allow Unifi to better serve customers that are shifting their sourcing to the region and would enable Tuntex to improve operating efficiencies across a broader range of textured polyester products."
He added that details of this manufacturing and product marketing agreement would be released if and when it has been officially concluded by both parties.
News of the negotiations were prematurely revealed in a newspaper report in Thailand.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective