ITALY: Yarn Maker Ziche Manifattura Buys Croatian Factory
Italian yarn maker Ziche Manifattura Lane announced on Tuesday it has bought a Croatian factory for $2.8 million which is expected to produce two million kilos of yarns annually from 2004. The Vicenza-based company said it bought the plant as labour and energy costs are lower in Croatia. It added it will create up to 70 new jobs next year as it begins installing new equipment and machinery at the facility.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again