ITALY: Yarn Specialist To Distribute 'Vegetable Cashmere'
The new fibre is now being produced by the Harvest Textile Company, a pioneer in processing this form of agricultural waste into a viable textile raw material.
Lame Ledal has rights to market the product in Switzerland and Austria as well as Italy, and is sufficiently enthusiastic about the potential of the line to claim it as an alternative to cashmere.
By Sonia Roberts.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020