HONG KONG: Yihua Unifi, Fountain Set Launch Antimicrobial Fabrics
Yihua Unifi, a joint venture between Unifi and Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Company, has partnered with Fountain Set Holdings to develop a range of circular knit antimicrobial fabrics for the intimate, active wear, casual and swim wear markets.
The fabrics, which will be launched on to the Asian market, all contain A.M.Y yarn from Yihua Unific, which is claimed to provide permanent antimicrobial and odour control.
Yihua Unifi president Sam Smith said: "With more than 35 years of experience, Fountain Set is a well known global leader in the production and sales of circular knitted fabrics, making them an excellent partner to launch one of our premier yarn brands to the Asian market".
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar