ITALY: YOOX awards supply chain contract to Geodis
The YOOX Group, a global Internet retailing partner for leading fashion and design brands, has awarded a six-year contract to Geodis for the supply of integrated logistics services to its new, highly-automated global operations and distribution platform in Interporto, Bologna, in Italy.
Geodis Logistics will manage the YOOX Group’s supply chain, coordinating the handling and shipping activities for fashion items including garments on hangers and flat garments.
Geodis will also provide inventory management related to footwear and fashion accessories in the storage, packaging, shipping and return management phases.
It will deploy a dedicated team of 68 people to work on the project.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective