US: Yoox in talks with PPR for online venture - reports
Shares in Italian online fashion retailer Yoox have surged after reports emerged that the company is in talks to set up an online venture with French retail group PPR.
The venture will run the online sales of PPR's brands including Gucci, according to a Bloomberg report. However, no agreement has yet been signed.
PPR expects to have more than EUR1bn ($1.3bn) of online sales by 2020, the report added.
Yoox gained as much as 16% to EUR11.54, the steepest advance within a day since 3 December 2009, Bloomberg said. The shares were up 12% at EUR11.15 at 15:36 on Thursday (17 May) in Milan.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
More than 120 international apparel brands and retailers have now pledged to ban the use of cotton from Uzbekistan as part of efforts to stop the country using forced and child labor to harvest its co...
Luxury goods brand Tom Ford International has appointed former Bottega Veneta executive Jerome Cheung as chief executive officer of its Asia Pacific operations....
French retail group PPR has announced that Nicolas Ghesquière is to step down as creative director of its Balenciaga fashion house....
French retail group PPR has reported "satisfactory" third-quarter sales growth, helped by rising revenue at its luxury brands....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Jochen Zeitz has resigned from the administrative board of sportswear brand Puma. ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details