US: Yoox in talks with PPR for online venture - reports
Shares in Italian online fashion retailer Yoox have surged after reports emerged that the company is in talks to set up an online venture with French retail group PPR.
The venture will run the online sales of PPR's brands including Gucci, according to a Bloomberg report. However, no agreement has yet been signed.
PPR expects to have more than EUR1bn ($1.3bn) of online sales by 2020, the report added.
Yoox gained as much as 16% to EUR11.54, the steepest advance within a day since 3 December 2009, Bloomberg said. The shares were up 12% at EUR11.15 at 15:36 on Thursday (17 May) in Milan.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
More than 120 international apparel brands and retailers have now pledged to ban the use of cotton from Uzbekistan as part of efforts to stop the country using forced and child labor to harvest its co...
Luxury goods brand Tom Ford International has appointed former Bottega Veneta executive Jerome Cheung as chief executive officer of its Asia Pacific operations....
French retail group PPR has announced that Nicolas Ghesquière is to step down as creative director of its Balenciaga fashion house....
French retail group PPR has reported "satisfactory" third-quarter sales growth, helped by rising revenue at its luxury brands....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Jochen Zeitz has resigned from the administrative board of sportswear brand Puma. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- JC Penney to close 10 Foundry stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead