US: Yoox in talks with PPR for online venture - reports
Shares in Italian online fashion retailer Yoox have surged after reports emerged that the company is in talks to set up an online venture with French retail group PPR.
The venture will run the online sales of PPR's brands including Gucci, according to a Bloomberg report. However, no agreement has yet been signed.
PPR expects to have more than EUR1bn ($1.3bn) of online sales by 2020, the report added.
Yoox gained as much as 16% to EUR11.54, the steepest advance within a day since 3 December 2009, Bloomberg said. The shares were up 12% at EUR11.15 at 15:36 on Thursday (17 May) in Milan.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
More than 120 international apparel brands and retailers have now pledged to ban the use of cotton from Uzbekistan as part of efforts to stop the country using forced and child labor to harvest its co...
Luxury goods brand Tom Ford International has appointed former Bottega Veneta executive Jerome Cheung as chief executive officer of its Asia Pacific operations....
French retail group PPR has announced that Nicolas Ghesquière is to step down as creative director of its Balenciaga fashion house....
French retail group PPR has reported "satisfactory" third-quarter sales growth, helped by rising revenue at its luxury brands....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Jochen Zeitz has resigned from the administrative board of sportswear brand Puma. ...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras