US: Yoox in talks with PPR for online venture - reports
Shares in Italian online fashion retailer Yoox have surged after reports emerged that the company is in talks to set up an online venture with French retail group PPR.
The venture will run the online sales of PPR's brands including Gucci, according to a Bloomberg report. However, no agreement has yet been signed.
PPR expects to have more than EUR1bn ($1.3bn) of online sales by 2020, the report added.
Yoox gained as much as 16% to EUR11.54, the steepest advance within a day since 3 December 2009, Bloomberg said. The shares were up 12% at EUR11.15 at 15:36 on Thursday (17 May) in Milan.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
More than 120 international apparel brands and retailers have now pledged to ban the use of cotton from Uzbekistan as part of efforts to stop the country using forced and child labor to harvest its co...
Luxury goods brand Tom Ford International has appointed former Bottega Veneta executive Jerome Cheung as chief executive officer of its Asia Pacific operations....
French retail group PPR has announced that Nicolas Ghesquière is to step down as creative director of its Balenciaga fashion house....
French retail group PPR has reported "satisfactory" third-quarter sales growth, helped by rising revenue at its luxury brands....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Jochen Zeitz has resigned from the administrative board of sportswear brand Puma. ...
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields